by secure_admin | Jun 25, 2021 | Paint
While picking nursery furniture, most people usually consider function over form. If you’re one of them, perhaps you question yourself, “Will it back me up while holding the baby? Is this furniture safe? Can this support my baby?” This is a sensible way to go about things. However, you don’t need to sacrifice the form to get the best function. With a bit of ingenuity, a brush, and a knowledge of painting baby nursery furniture pieces, you can easily get both functions and form. Here are some hacks to choose the nursery furniture paints.
Best paint types
Although you can concentrate more on aesthetics, you still need to think about the practicality as you choose which paint for nursery pieces. First of all, the paints you need to choose should be non-toxic to guarantee that they are safe for your baby. Then, make sure to see if they are easy to clean and durable. Finally, search for nursery paints that are VOC-free with higher gloss levels, like semi-gloss.
Ideas for choosing the paint color
In this step, you can let your imagination take over. Though there is not a “bad” or “good” answer for which colors to pick, listed below are some of the color options and tips that you may want to apply and their perks:
- Brown or black – Neutrals such as brown and black can go with virtually anything, but such dark hues can help in concealing the stains that nursery furniture pieces might get.
- Complement the walls – when you select a color from the color wheel and directly look across it, you will know its complementary color. If these two hues are joined, they can energetically make each color stand out.
- Beige or white – White can go with most room aesthetics as a neutral color, making it simple to reuse while your kid becomes older. Moreover, you can hand down the area to your next child. Beige is a color that can fill a similar role as well. Aside from their versatility, this color’s lightness can make the room feel brighter and bigger.
- Match the walls – it isn’t easy to look for furniture pieces that match your chosen wall color. Hence, the simplest way to resolve this is to paint the furniture with the walls you plan to have. That way, you can guarantee that they will not clash.
How to Paint Nursery Furniture?
It’s important to get an early start since paints require time to dry. And when you prefer not to use VOC-free paint, the fumes can linger in the air after several months. Even when you utilize non-toxic types, the chore alone can be labor-intensive, particularly when you want to paint larger furniture pieces such as a dresser. Because of that, it’s highly recommended to leave this paint job to the expert furniture painter near me to have a worry-free and stress-free paint job.
by secure_admin | Sep 18, 2020 | Electrical Service
Most people think that doing DIYs on electrical projects can be easy and therefore can be done by anyone even without experience in the field of electricity and the like. It is no question of how humans like using electricity and enjoying its benefits since it was discovered. The lack thereof can mean disaster to anyone, as this would mean accidents and injuries.
In fact, according to the National Fire Protection Association, the United States’ fire departments have already responded to an annual average of 47,870 fire accidents in residential areas in the year between 2007-2011 —all just because of electrical malfunction. There are reputable electrical services Whitby ON that you can hire which ensure safer electrical works and repairs, and although it is really not recommended that you do DIY repairs in your house, we know that there will be instances where you need to do simple electrical works at home.
The following are the electrical safety tips you should do when doing repairs at home as well as proper maintenance:
1.Do not overload your outlets – your outlets are designed to be able to provide a certain amount of electricity. It is not advised to plug in too many devices into it all at once as this may potentially cause explosion and fire. If you have many gadgets or appliances at home, you can use a power strip that enables you to use your devices. However, even this is not really recommended. The best way to avoid fire and accidents is to avoid using too much electricity all at the same time.
2.Always replace immediately your damaged cords – when you see exposed wiring or any wiring that has damaged, it is crucially important to replace them as immediate as possible because they are pose harm to anyone. It is not something that you need to overlook. You can fix it with electrical tape or better replace the wire anew.
3.Do not use extension cords as possible – if it is possible, avoid using an extension cord as this is a potential cause of the accident in two ways. First, the cord is very susceptible to tripping accidents, and second, you will be plugging in too many devices all at once which may cause accidents.
4. Keep your electrical equipment or outlets away from the water – electricity is very attracted to water and when your wiring is exposed to water, it could be very dangerous. Whenever there is a spill beside the wire, it is important to wipe it immediately.
5.Protect your children from potential hazards – small children and toddlers are curious beings. Make sure that cord and other electrical wiring are out of their reach. Also, avoid cluttered wiring and cord as these might cause tripping accidents.
When dealing with electricity and wires, you need to make sure that you practice preventative measures. Also, if you can avoid it, do not do any unnecessary repairs on electrical wires and always contact a professional technician to diagnose and do repairs. It is highly dangerous to fix wiring as it might cause not just electrical shock, but injuries and fire as well.